Muslim Football Rolemodels
Alhamdulillah, now more than ever we have some great role models in sport to show our children to be proud of our faith, no matter where or with whom – and people will respect you for it!
- There’s Mo Salah 🙂
- Here’s how the Tunisian team pray before a match:
- ‘Mesut Özil:
“I always recite from Quran before every match. I pray and my team-mates know that they cannot talk to me at this time.”
“At Real Madrid, Cristiano Ronaldo always became happy to hear me when I read Quran or talk about my religion Islam.”‘
- And how about this example of how he treated food?
- How about this example of humility?
- The sujood celebration is even on Fifa!: https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/an-explanation–algeria-s-kneeling-goal-celebration-after-scoring-agiainst-belgium-173000185.html?guccounter=1
And after the final whistle in a World Cup final in 2018, Paul Pogba and Djibril Sidibe fell in prostration together to perform a prostration of gratitude (Sajdah Ash Shukr):
- And here are 10 footballer’s quotes about Islam: