This was an escape room / house-wide challenge created for teenagers. A simple walk-through is given below, but for more details and printouts to recreate it, pls see this doc: Imam Mahdi Challenge – teens
The girls received a text as follows:
After a few attempts, I asked them to use their senses. They heard Salam Ya Mahdi playing in the background, and realised that was the password, and so were allowed to enter the room!
They saw pieces of paper with names around the room and began collecting them. There were a couple of clues up for other challenges, and books etc on Imam Mahdi around which led them on a false trail, before they were reguided to a clue on the board:
They then realised they had to find the 4 representatives from among the names and order them in order to get the code for a padlocked bag in the room.
Once opened, they found a smaller bag with a lock, and a map.
Eventually they realised that the map was a map of the house, and that they needed an invisible ink pen for more instructions, which was in a pot of pens in the room.
The map showed them the route they would need to take, so off they went!
- The first room had some maths puzzles on the floor when they entered, with some pencils and paper and so they set to work.
Once they solved it, they checked the map to find the next room. As they left this room, they received a heart bauble with little pieces of paper, each saying KNOWLEDGE (one for each of them).
2) The next room had a book in it – Miracles of the Imam of the Time. They used the answer to the last challenge to find the right page, where they found an instruction to read the marked story and make their own dua to the Imam. As they left this room, they received a bauble saying FAITH.
3) The next room had a puzzle. They completed the puzzle (Masjid e Jamkaran and turned it over to read the message behind. The message conveyed that while they had been praying at Jamkaran, they were taken captive by the enemies of the Imam. I then took them down and split them into two rooms nearby each other, where they could hear each other but not see each other. This bauble was for ZIYARAT.
4) In one of the rooms, there was a box with a code on it. Both the rooms had something up for them to decipher the code by communicating, at which point they were able to open the box and rejoin each other.
Inside the box was a puzzle they had to complete, on the Duas for the Imam, which led them to a message. They had to figure out what they message meant (Quran). As they left to the next room, they recieved a bauble which said DUAS.
5) In this room, they saw a Quran, which had some pages marked. On the marked pages, was a word that was circled. They had to find all the words and rearrange them to make: Indeed the Imam will come. As they left, they received a bauble with QURAN.
6) The next room on the map guided them to a matching game, with pics to be matched to battles Imam Ali (as) had fought with Zulfiqar, which the Imam would also be using. Once they had matched them all, they received a bauble saying INNER STRUGGLE.
7) Back in the main room, they now found a bunch of headlines in the middle of the room, which they had to place in the right time period (labels around the room). These included the future, which were the signs of the reapparance of the Imam. If you would like to use the headlines created, see: newspaper (20) newspaper (19) newspaper (18) newspaper (16) newspaper (15) newspaper (14) newspaper (13) newspaper (11) newspaper (10) newspaper (9) newspaper (8) newspaper newspaper (7) newspaper (6) newspaper (5) newspaper (1)
Once they had done this, they received a bauble with PREPARE and they got the following slip:
They looked for the hanging dua which was a canvas with Dua Hujjat on it. They looked behind and found the key to the small bag with the lock.
When they opened it, they saw the following!
Lastly, I switch on the first two minutes of the following:
Alhamd, lots of fun and hopefully learning was had and done! Each girl took home a bauble with all the little chits of the different aspects of what we need to do to be the soldiers of the Awaited inshallah. They could decorate it as well if they wanted!
If you do use this, send me a message – would love to hear how it went 🙂