As a follow on from the previous post…
We want our children to try and stay awake but be busy enough to let us do our amaal, right? And it would be great if they were occupied in Islamic activities as opposed to just normal stuff!
– Setting up a book area for them: www.islamfromthestart.com/2014/07/ramadhan-bookshelf.html
– Having a special treasure hunt for the children: www.tjannah.com/ramadhan/laylatul-qadr-treasure-hunt/
Here is another downloadable treasure hunt for Laylatul Qadr
– Downloading some Muslim Children Apps on the ipad and phone
– Having some Islamic games available for them to play with (siblings are ideal here!)
– Having some craft materials ready for them to make Eid cards and other crafts.
– Having some Islamic cartoons/programmes ready for them to watch (Inshallah am planning to cover this as a series soon!
-Get them to think about Sura Qadr in a fun way! A mum sent this: “For Laylatul Qadr we have created a balloon tree. We have a question about Suratul Qadr written in each balloon. The kids will pop the balloon and answer the question – and will receive a small treat for each correct answer!”
Any other ideas out there?
P.S. Loved this idea of amalgamating things into a Laylatul Qadr Gift Box by Islam from the Start:
“Seeing all the lovely welcome Ramadhan baskets, made to instill the excitement for the blessed month, inspired me to put together a simple Laylatul Qadr Box for the little one. Along with the main A’maal book are a few treats and activities to keep him busy through the night. There’s two new books, ‘A Picnic of Poems: In Allah’s Green Garden’ which comes with a CD, and ‘The Adventures of Captain Alif And The Stormy Sea’. It’s a gift pack set and comes with a tasbeeh and dua bookmark. There’s also a T-Shirt and some fabric markers to make a personalised top illustrating what Laylatul Qadr means to him. And finally after reading on QFatima about it being a night to show appreciation to those close to you, there’s a special letter written for the little one. InshaAllah, I hope the Qadr box will help to leave a positive lasting memory of this blessed night, one spent in His remembrance with love.”