Ramadan is the month of good deeds! Below are some ideas to encourage getting your children involved in the doing of good too!
- How about this Ramadhan banner one mum made with lots of ideas of good deeds children can do to help fill that tree!
P.S. You don’t need a tree to create a similar banner – they can just do the good deeds, or fill a good deed jar, etc…
- And how about this good deed tree? The children write their good deeds onto leaves and stick them on – Inshallah by the end of Ramadhan the tree will be full of leaves!
- Here is another good deed tree example: Pick a good deed from the jar, implement it and get to decorate a heart ornament to put on the tree. Just like a tree grows beautiful hearts good deeds will make our hearts grow and make us shine. The tree will light up every time they were able to do the good deed.
- If you’re stuck, here are some ideas for good deeds to do:
- Here is LOTS of inspiration:
They are ads, but show the spirit of this month so well!
And check out this interview and what it highlights:
- And here one for us mums to do!:
A few years ago, a friend started something that is both a lot of fun, encourages acts of kindness, and recently, finishes off with a healthy dose of charity!
An Islamic version of Secret Santa, in Mystery Mauliani, at the beginning of Ramadan we are given a person’s name and contact information. Thus begins the fun! Throughout the month, we then try and do little acts of kindness for this person, showering them with love :). Ideas include helium balloons on their doorstep, Survival Kits for Laylatul Qadr, baked goods passed on through messengers and much more. At the same time, someone is doing all that to us!
At the end of the month is the famous MM reveal, where we get to find out who our MM was and vice versa. Previously we would give our MM a gift, but now we donate to charity on their behalf. Today is our reveal which is why I thought I’d mention it! These opportunities to give really do get us buzzing – the receiving feels nice of course too ;).
Alhamdulillah there are many other versions of it now, such as Secret Sister (between the volunteers), Nudba Angels (between a group that meets for Nudba regularly), etc. There is also a version of MM for the younger crowd!