Alhamdulillah, now more than ever we have some great role models in sport to show our children to be proud of our faith, no matter where or with whom – and people will respect you for it!
- There’s Mo Salah 🙂
- Here’s how the Tunisian team pray before a match:
- ‘Mesut Özil:
“I always recite from Quran before every match. I pray and my team-mates know that they cannot talk to me at this time.”
“At Real Madrid, Cristiano Ronaldo always became happy to hear me when I read Quran or talk about my religion Islam.”‘
- And how about this example of how he treated food?
- How about this example of humility?
- The sujood celebration is even on Fifa!: https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/an-explanation–algeria-s-kneeling-goal-celebration-after-scoring-agiainst-belgium-173000185.html?guccounter=1
And after the final whistle in a World Cup final in 2018, Paul Pogba and Djibril Sidibe fell in prostration together to perform a prostration of gratitude (Sajdah Ash Shukr):
- And here are 10 footballer’s quotes about Islam: