Teaching children HOW to pray:
Praying for everything can get a bit overwhelming (even for us adults), so here is a way to simplify it (and cover all the bases!).
– Sandwich your dua! Begin and end with Salawat (Allah will always fulfil that dua and so Inshallah will fulfil everything in the middle!)
– Start by glorifying Allah – his amazing creations, etc.
– Then thank Allah for everything he has given YOU
– Move on to asking for forgiveness for any mistakes you have made, big or small
– Then pray for OTHERS
– Finally, move on to praying for yourself
-Don’t forget the salawat at the end!
P.S. I have heard this in lectures before and am sure I have seen a source too but can’t seem to find it just now (will keep looking). If you know of a source, please do share!