As the birthday of our Imam is coming up, I thought it might be nice to have a series on getting to know our Imam with our children, to help build their (and our!) understanding and relationship with him.
Idea 1: Watch these clips!
- This first one is a wonderful visual way to convey the birth of our Imam. It’s in Arabic but perhaps you could turn the volume off and read the translation out to the younger ones?
- Here is another about his birth
- Here is one about the 6th Imam giving information to Jabir about the 12th Imam, in particular about his name.
- Here are videos on where Imam is:
- And check out this interactive one!
- And this movie – Princess of Rome, about his mother. Full movie here.
- Here is some video lessons about the Imam:
- Here is a great documentary for older kids:
And Towards Jannah created a Kahoot! quiz based on the documentary as a way to reinforce the learning too!
Here are some interactive sessions on the Imam: