Make the buloogh birthday extra special by adding meaningful gifts!
One family gifted their daughter 9 gifts, one for each year. She started opening one a day each day, leading up to her actual birthday – this made the excitement truly stretch out!
The gifts given from each member of the family, as well as general gifts around buloogh:
- A father-daughter necklace/keychain from the dad
- A mother-daughter journal from the mum
- A personalised cushion from the brother
- A shela hanger
- A pin cushion
- A QFatima Buloogh journal
- A prayer pack, with a musalla, dua book, mohr/tasbih, perfume, prayer book (to write down kazas, etc), travel toilet bottle and a travel musalla (Another idea here is to gift them a Risalah of their Mujtahid!)
- Her buloogh party counted as one gift 😉
- Her birthday ‘card’ counted as a gift as it was a book of meaningful messages by her family and friends 🙂 (https://www.buzzideazz.com/baligha-series-idea-11-gather-messages-from-loved-ones/)
Other ideas include:
- One mum wrote this letter to her daughter: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hi5t8pyspaerljl/lettertomydaughterbaligha.docx?dl=0
- This salaah tracker journal: https://www.buzzideazz.com/shop/journey-to-jannah-my-daily-salaah-record-book/
- An alarm clock!
- A Quran of her own
- A burkini
- An abaya
- And here’s another idea, following on from the last blog post: https://www.buzzideazz.com/baligha-series-idea-12-wisdom-necklace/:
The women that were invited to mark this special moment in the girl’s life were encouraged to give a special sort of gift – something of theirs that was meaningful and significant to them that they were passing on to her, such as a piece of jewellery from when they were younger, a poem that touched them, a book that they loved, a journal to write her thoughts in, a special photograph, etc.
Now that’s what I call a thoughtful gift 🙂