Continuing on the theme of buloogh parties, and to capitalise on all the awesome ideas out there, I am going to share a few posts to get things rolling.
Please do add your own ideas in the comments section so that we can Inshallah have a huge bank to choose from!
Firstly: Ideas for what GAMES to play in Buloogh parties!
* The station ideas from Idea 5: https://www.buzzideazz.com/baligha-series-idea-5-baligha-parties/
* “Who’s your mahram” game – on small pieces of paper write down different family members names each friend take it in turn to pull one paper and read it to the buloogh girl…. “is your cousin Ali your Mahram or not?” This has also been done as a Knock Knock game where someone knocks the door and describes who they are.
* Have the girls design hijabi Western clothes/abayas.
*Give the girls a selection of Western clothes, shores, bags and scarves that they need to put together to make some trendy hijab styles – they may even do a fashion show at the end to present their creations!
* The girls can be put in pairs with each pair given a variety of hijabs and pins. Their task would be to come with new ideas and ways to wear hijabs. One partner would be the model and the best idea wins a prize! Alternatively, demonstrate a few hijab styles and then let them loose!
* How many hijabs can you wear in a minute? Winner is the one with the most!
* Split the girls into two groups, give them material, decoration, craft – even black bags! They have 5 minutes to drape a creative hijab outfit on one of the girls in the group.
* Your hair is showing! In this game, give each child a few strawberry laces each. Then exclaim “Oh no! Your hair is showing!” and invite them to eat it all up! The first person to gobble up the hair so it doesn’t show anymore, wins!
* Treasure hunt – Hide scarves or something small (we used badges which said ‘I love hijab’ and ‘A proud Muslimah’) around the house and send them off on a treasure hunt! The person with the most wins, but then they each get one to take home 😉
* Put the girls into two teams and see which team answers the most questions around buloogh – winner wins prizes!
* Truth or Dare: This idea was shared by a mum and can be accessed by the link below. Girls sit in a circle on the floor. There are two containers – one marked Truth and the other marked Dare. The first player then chooses a person in the circle and has them reach in the Truth container and pull out a truth question. The girl reads the question to herself and decides if she wants to answer it or not. If she wants to answer it then she reads the question aloud and then answers it. If she doesn’t really want to give an answer to the question she folds the truth question back up and puts it back in the Truth container. Then they have to choose a dare out of the dare container and do what it tells them to do no matter what. We’ve created a big list of (rated G) questions for truth or dare and some fun dares for girls to print and use at a birthday party!
* Pass the Parcel with questions on buloogh inside
* Baligha Ball: Buy a giant inflatable ball (beach ball( and write different questions or actions all over it in black permanent marker. All the girls stand in a big circle and the one who has the ball throws it across the circle to another girl. The girl who catches it has to answer the questions or perform the action that is under her thumb, and so on…
*The Peg Game: they played this game throughout. The girls each start with 6 pegs, and have a list of words that can’t say from start to finish. If anyone says a word for the list, the first person… to hear it and spot it takes their peg! the winner is the one with the most pegs at the end of the party 🙂
* Pin the pin on the Hijaabi! Cover their eyes, spin them round and then let them loose at trying to put the pin on the correct spot on the hijaabi poster (with their eyes covered still)! Another version is pin the scarf on an actual doll 🙂
*Someone has put together a Baaligha crossword puzzle as well as a quiz – available to download from the Dropbox link below. P.S. I hope it works – if it doesn’t, pls let me know!
Looking forward to more game ideas in the comments Inshallah!